Getting to the Musée
National Battlefields Park
Québec City QC G1R 5H3
Telephone : 418 643-2150
Toll Free : 1 866 220-2150
Fax : 418 646-3330
Paid parking behind the Charles Baillairgé pavilion (the former prison)
Daily rates - visitors (tax included)
|Each additionnal hour||$3|
|Evening (from 6 pm)||$9|
|Motorized vehicles and buses||Double rate|
|With purchases of $ 40 or more before tax at the Boutique (parking coupon stamped by the Boutique)||$5 discount|
|Members of the Musée||20% discount|
Parking spaces located in front of the main entrance to the Musée are offered to persons holding a handicap sticker issued by the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec. A staff member of the Musée can assist you in getting around the parking lot. Just ask the person on duty at the gate when you arrive.
20 minutes from the Parliament Building along the Grande Allée
To easily get to the Musée by bus, consult Réseau de transport de la Capitale's web site. You will there find schedules, routes and rates.
Hop on and hop off the red loop as often as you please and see Quebec City on your own time and at your own pace. (From May to October)
VISIT THE MNBAQ WITH A SERVICE DOG
While the nature of the MNBAQ’s operations prevents it from admitting animals to its interior spaces* in order to ensure the safety of all its occupants and the integrity of its collections and facilities, individuals who require a service dog to compensate for a handicap can obviously enter the MNBAQ with the dog. In this regard, we advocate a humane and accommodating approach.
To ensure ready access to service dogs and respect for the rights of the individuals who use such dogs to compensate for a handicap, the MNBAQ’s policy hinges on:
- Service dogs, which are readily recognizable because of their identification and the requisite harness, are admitted right away;
- What is more, such identification allows for the admission of such dogs during their training when they accompany host family members.
► Dogs certified by publicly recognized organizations that offer the same complete structure from the standpoint of the medical certificate, training, and so on, and that are readily identifiable, especially on the Internet and/or considering identifying items on the dog, are also admitted.
► In other cases, the MNBAQ requests from individuals who rely on service dogs to compensate for a handicap:
- Official certification signed by a physician who is a member of a professional corporation recognized in the individuals’ country of residence and which indicates the need for the individuals to be accompanied by the service dog to compensate for a handicap.
- Any form of medical certification that can be obtained in return for payment without the actual analysis of the individual’s needs is inadmissible.
- To accelerate admission to the MNBAQ, please contact the security service at 418-643-8119 to obtain a written authorization prior to your visit. It should be noted that in some circumstances it can take up to 48 hours to obtain such an authorization.
► Such validations could also be performed prior to allowing admission to the MNBAQ.
► In the unlikely event that the service dog’s behaviour is unsafe for the occupants or facilities, the individual and the service dog might be asked to temporarily or permanently leave an area in the museum.
► Individuals who visit the MNBAQ are always responsible for the service dogs and must keep the animals at their side.