Call for proposals
Professional visual artists domiciled in Québec are invited to submit their works to the acquisition committee of the Prêt d’œuvres d’art collection of the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec. The works submitted must have been produced within the past five years and their selling price must not exceed $15 000.
Since 1982, the works in the Prêt d’œuvres d’art collection have been rented to government departments and corporations, Québec delegations abroad and, since 2013, to Québec businesses. The selection committee will take into account the specific nature of the collection and will favour works that reflect contemporary creation that can be displayed in office areas.
The call for proposals will take place from January 13 to February 21, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Professional artists* who have been domiciled in Québec for at least one year are eligible.
Submission of the proposal
An artist may only submit one proposal, comprising a maximum of five works.
The works submitted must be appropriate for renting in office spaces and have been produced within the past five years. Works produced prior to 2015 are excluded.
- Use an up-to-date web browser;
- The documents you wish to upload must have the following extensions: PDF, RTF, PNG or JPG (the form does not accept Word documents).
The works must be delivered ready for installation. The selling price must not exceed $15 000 and must, consequently, include the cost of framing, installation and delivery.
If the work that the MNBAQ selects is no longer available at the time of purchase, it cannot be replaced by another work.
The Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec reserves the right to preserve in its archives the entire contents of the proposal submitted.
Information: 418-644-6460, ext. 3311 / 1-866-220-2150
* The Act respecting the professional status of artists in the visual arts, arts and crafts and literature, and their contracts with promoters (CQLR, chapter S-32.01) defines professional artists as self-employed artists who create works in the fields of visual arts, arts and crafts or literature who satisfy the following conditions: :
1. They declare themselves to be professional artists;
2. They produce works on their own behalf;
3. Their works are exhibited, produced, published, presented in public or marketed by a promoter;
4. They have been recognized by their peers as professional artists by way of an honourable mention, an award, a prize, a scholarship, an appointment to an adjudication committee or an invitation to participate in a salon or by any other similar means.
Artists who are professional members of an association recognized under section 10 or forming part of a group recognized under section 10 are presumed to be professional artists.
Credits: Myre, Nadia. Pipe Beads. 2015. Digital inkjet print proof mounted under plexiglas, 61 x 162,5 cm. Purchase for the Prêt d’œuvres d’art collection of the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec.
Pipe Beads, 2019 © Nadia Myre. (License issued by Copyright Visual Arts -CARCC, 2019).